Friday, January 9, 2009

Sewing is in the blood....YIPEE!!!!


All my oldest girl kept asking for for Christmas this year was her very own sewing machine, so she could make some 'fun stuff' too! For three months she reminded me on a regular basis that she REALLY wanted one, and could it be purple?!
Well, Christmas morning came and for the first time, I have to add, she tore through every present in about a minute! She didn't make much mention of the sewing machine as the paper was flying around the room and I think I felt a small tinge of disappointment go through me. Then, as the paper was cleared, she was looking through her 'loot' and realized what was there in front of her...a white, and yes, purple sewing machine...the color scheme was total dumb luck! Anyway, she was so excited and just had to make something right away. So we went to my sewing room and found the perfect scrap fabric and she made her very first pillow. I was quit impressed at how it turned out and of course beaming with pride!!! She then had to make her little sister a heart shaped pillow (I cut the shape for her)! That one turned out so cute that she of course had to make a heart pillow for herself!! Not too bad for a 5 year-old....it must be in the blood!!!!

4 comments:

Ashley Marie said...

This is so cute! It makes me smile. I hope me daughter takes after me in the creativity department as well as yours does!

Unknown said...

Thank you:) I'm very excited to teach her like my mom did for me!

Colleen said...

I can't wait for my own daughter to do the same, love it!

Unknown said...

Oh, it is so much fun:) She wants to sew with me everyday!!! I love it!