Friday, November 7, 2008

3 Day Walk for the Cure ~ Dallas, Texas


Today my sister, RoxAnne, started the 3 Day Walk for the Cure! It is a 60 mile walk over 3 days to help raise funds for breast cancer research and awareness. November 7th is particularly special to us, in that it marks the 16th anniversary of our mothers passing from breast cancer. I miss my mother more than words can say! I think the worst part is that my children will never know what an amazing grandmother they missed out on! She truely was the most compassionate, kind person I have ever had the honor to know. I don't think I ever heard her say one bad thing about another person my whole life! She also had the patience of a Saint! Raising four children on her own, no child support, and on a waitress salary, she never complained once! And we were a handful to say the least!! I am sooooo proud of my sister and at the same time I am sad I can not be there with her! Although we did go to the cheering station to support her! What a crazy crowd that is!!! People, cars, vans & motorcycles were drenched in pink and there were plenty of bras everywhere! It was fun and uplifting and so wonderful to see so many people supporting this important cause! I will definitely be there next year! The kiddos won't be so little and I will...hopefully...have more time to train:)!!

No comments: